To request a GDPR report please submit your email address below. We will email you a confirmation link to verify you are the owner of the account.
County Tree Surgeons Ltd is the Data Controller and Data Processor of any personal information you provide to us. The information you supply will be used to process quotations and any subsequent works instructions, invoicing, apply for planning upon instruction, to contact you to discuss and arrange works / site visits, to communicate with you regarding works.
County Tree Surgeons Ltd is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office UK (ICO), registration number ZA205381.
What information do we collect and how?
- Information you provide to us. For example this might be via data provided via emails, telephone conversations, face to face discussion, questionnaires or postal correspondence;
- Details of all purchases; and works carried out
- We may also collect data where you have consented for other organisations to lawfully share data with us.
- Job application data where you have applied for an advertised position.
- Information you have posted on social media, either ‘tagging’ us or in response to one of our posts.
- Social media – any social media posts you send to us will be shared under the terms of the platform used and could be made public. We do not control these platforms and cannot accept responsibility for your submissions being shared more widely
Who do we share data with?
Occasionally County Tree Surgeons may provide limited data to third parties. These may include:
- Local authorities in order to process planning applications;
- Certification bodies where you have taken part in or are planned to take part in one of our training courses.
- Payment services, such as WorldPay. Paypal etc.
- The Police, local authorities or Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC), the courts or any other government body if lawfully requested and where legally obliged to do so;
How do we use your information?
We use the information we collect for the following:
- To provide you with the services you have requested that we undertake for you;
- To determine your suitability for advertised positions.
- To allow us to maintain our statutory records to fulfil our legal and regulatory obligations and pay our taxes;
- To update you on our work and keep you informed
- To reply to any questions, complaints or queries.
Legal basis for processing
The legal basis for the processing of your data relates to the information provided and the context in which it was collected.
We will only use your information where the following applies:
- (a) Consent: You have given clear consent for us to process your personal data for a specific purpose.
- (b) Contract: the processing is necessary for a contract you have with us, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract.
- (c) Legal obligation: the processing is necessary for us to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations).
- (d) Vital interests: the processing is necessary to protect someone’s life.
- (e) Public task: the processing is necessary for us to perform a task in the public interest or for our official functions, and the task or function has a clear basis in law.
- (f) Legitimate interests: the processing is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party unless there is a good reason to protect the individual’s personal data which overrides those legitimate interests.
Managing your information
You can access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information at any time by contacting us.
Please note we cannot delete address information that is attached to invoices as financial information must be held for 7 years for tax purposes.
You can request that we restrict processing of your personal information, object to processing of your information or request portability of your personal information.
For these requests please email us at email@example.com or telephone 01342 719567. We will comply with your request where your rights have been exercised in accordance with applicable laws.
If we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time.
Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
If you have any worries or complaints about the way we use your information, please get in touch with us. We’ll do our best to set your mind at ease. And if you feel we’re not meeting the high standards we expect of ourselves, you’re within your rights to tell the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
How long will we keep your information?
We only hold on to your personal information for as long as we need it for the purposes for which we collected it.
So that we can support your future interaction with us, some data might be retained for a short period after your last interaction with us. After that we will either delete it or anonymise it.
Where data is held
Wherever possible we will seek to store your personal information within the UK or EU. However, in some instances the information we hold may be transferred to suppliers with systems hosted outside of the EU.
Where services we use store data outside of the EU, we ensure that their policies and procedures meet the same high standards as those utilised in the EU.
Other systems used to hold or process your personal information are Arbortrack, our CRM system a product of Trinova Stystems Ltd which is hosted within the EU and on secure servers.
Security of your information
We regularly review and update our data handling procedures and ensure that appropriate technical security measures are in place to safeguard your information.
We securely dispose of any hardcopy personal information in accordance with industry best practice.
Updates to this policy
We may need to update this policy from to time to time. Whenever we make changes to this policy we will endeavour to contact you in advance by your registered email address. If we do not hold email details for you, please look out for the notices on our websites and materials which indicate we have changed this policy. If you continue to share information with us or use our websites after we’ve changed our policy, we’ll take it that you accept the changes.
GDPR Account Deletion Request
To request your account deleted from our system please enter your email address below. We will email you a confirmation link to verify you are the owner of the account.